RE: [patch x86/mce] ACPI, x86: Export boot_cpu_physical_apicid tomodules

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Thu Nov 14 2013 - 18:26:59 EST

> ERROR: "boot_cpu_physical_apicid" [drivers/acpi/acpi_extlog.ko] undefined!
>
> The symbol needs to be exported for it to be available.

Good - but I wonder how many more useless layers there are to this onion :-(

First I had to add a "#include <asm/cpu.h>"
Then add the dependency on CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC
Now we need to export boot_cpu_physical_apicid

all for the CONFIG_SMP=n case ... which I think is useless because there
is no conceivable way anyone would run a uniprocessor kernel on a system
that supports the extended error log. (Hint: multi-socket server multiplied by
high-core-count processors multiplied by 2xHyperThread) is a number bigger
than one).

Perhaps we should just have:

depends on SMP && X86_MCE

and stop the madness?