ARC cross compiler hosting on kernel.org

From: Vineet Gupta
Date: Fri Nov 15 2013 - 00:51:43 EST

Hi Tony,

Can you please host a ARC cross compiler on
https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool

Mainline buildroot supports ARC (alas that build system doesn't generate a
relocatable toolchain).

Or you can simply use our homegrown build-system to checkout and build tools
(which can even do a relocatable toolchain provided you have patchelf installed)

git clone git@xxxxxxxxxx:foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors/toolchain.git
cd toolchain
./build-all.sh --auto-checkout --auto-pull --rel-rpaths --no-elf32 \
--target-cflags "-gdwarf-2"

ARC defconfig requires an INITRAMFS at a relative path. You can either disable it
(I have a patch queued up for a !RAMFS defconfig too).

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thx,
-Vineet