Re: 3.12: kernel panic when resuming from suspend to RAM (x86_64)

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Nov 19 2013 - 05:15:32 EST

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:01:14AM +0100, Francis Moreau wrote:
> I think the easiest way to do it is to install a minimal system on a
> USB stick and try to reproduce first in order to preserve my system.

Yep, sounds simple enough.

> Then I'll try to see if this issue exists in a previous kernel version
> and if so, I'll do a git-bisect session.
>
> I can't find a quicker way to do that although using git-bisect (which
> implies several kernel builds) is a PITA.

You can start with a coarse bisect by testing the major kernel versions
first, i.e. 3.11, 3.10, 3.9 ... and once you find good and bad, then you
can do the git-bisect thing.

Also, you can check for BIOS updates for your machine and if there are,
check their changelogs whether they fix something suspend-related.

Good luck!

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.