Re: Having troubles in updating MTD partitions

From: Suki Buryani
Date: Wed Nov 20 2013 - 05:56:52 EST

>5824 is the usable size of the file system on mtdblock3, i.e. after subtracting
the overhead for file system bookkeeping.

By default mtd partitions were like

cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

  31     0       8192 mtdblock0
  31     1        256 mtdblock1
  31     2       2048 mtdblock2
  31     3       5824 mtdblock3
  31     4         64 mtdblock4

mtdblock3 was having 5824 blocks and 5824 blocks were able to use,

I think you are missing my point, i have increase size of mtdblock3 but i am unable use whole partion and idk why

kindly also inform me how i can change erasesize of a partition

On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:51 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Suki Buryani <sukiburyani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  31    3      5884 mtdblock3

5884 is the raw size of mtdblock3.

>  but when i try to use memory relevant tools, it shows me something like
>  # df
> Filesystem          1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/root                5824      5824        0 100% /

5824 is the usable size of the file system on mtdblock3, i.e. after subtracting
the overhead for file system bookkeeping.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds