Re: 3.12: kernel panic when resuming from suspend to RAM (x86_64)

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Nov 21 2013 - 05:12:51 EST

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 09:22:02AM +0100, Francis Moreau wrote:
> Hmm, I think it's more than that because if I'm removing both
> rtsx_pci_ms and memstick modules, then suspending and resuming doesn't
> oops anymore.

Interesting - so this is a good datapoint. Sounds like those modules
can't stomach suspend-to-ram. So let's add a couple more people for
comment.

To the newly-CCed, guys, thread starts here:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=138468134321335

> Also I took a look at the changes between v3.11 and v3.12 in this area
> and those changes match the issue I'm facing:
>
> $ git log --oneline v3.11..v3.12 -- drivers/mfd/rtsx_pcr.c
> 09fd867 mfd: rtsx: Copyright modifications
> eb891c6 mfd: rtsx: Configure to enter a deeper power-saving mode in S3
> 7140812 mfd: rtsx: Move some actions from rtsx_pci_init_hw to individual
> extra_init_hw
> 5947c16 mfd: rtsx: Add shutdown callback in rtsx_pci_driver
> 773ccdf mfd: rtsx: Read vendor setting from config space
>
> I'll try to bisect one more time those changes tonight to see if I can
> find out if one of those commits is the culprit.

Good idea.

> Sorry for not answering the first time, but yes my bios is uptodate.

Ok, good.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.