Re: IRQF_RESUME_EARLY and errors in dpm_suspend_noirq

From: Heiko Stübner
Date: Sat Nov 23 2013 - 16:26:41 EST

Hi Laxman,

Am Mittwoch, 20. November 2013, 10:54:10 schrieb Laxman Dewangan:
> > I may be blind, but where get the early-irqs resumed in the error
> > path of dpm_suspend_noirq?
> >
> > When a suspend_noirq callback returns an error, dpm_resume_noirq gets
> > called, which only calls resume_device_irqs while the
> > suspend_device_irqs call in dpm_suspend_noirq suspends all irqs. So it
> > does not seem that the early-irqs get resumed at all in this case.
>
> I also faced same issue in our suspend failure path and posted fix
> sometime ago as
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/8/13/373
>
> It is still under review.

>From the thread on lkml.org it looks like it got no reaction at all - maybe
was just overlooked. So maybe it would be good to re-send it.

As it is not visible on lkml.org, did you also include stable@xxxxxxxxxx, as
the issue started in 2011?

> You can try this patch if it resolve the issue.

Your patch looks a lot more sophisticated than my current band-aid fix :-) by
using the fact that irqs won't get resumed twice on their own.

So if you repost your patch you could add an

Acked-by: Heiko Stuebner <heiko@xxxxxxxxx>

Heiko