Update: Evolution of the Linux kernel source code tarball size

From: JÃrÃme Pinot
Date: Sat Nov 30 2013 - 04:16:15 EST

Hi,

2 years ago, I published a graph showing the evolution of the size of
the linux kernel tar.bz2 against release count:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/10/267

I just updated the data and draw the graph. There are now 308 releases
(without the 2.6.x.y and the 3.x.y). I predicted last time that 3.19
would break the 100MB symbolic size and it's been confirmed by the new
data.

You can get the graph on my blog, I provide the data and the gnuplot
batch file for graphing/fitting:
http://ngc891.blogdns.net/?p=339

Regards,

--