Re: i915: pipe state still does not match

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Sat Nov 30 2013 - 11:31:50 EST

On Friday 2013-11-29 11:48, Chris Wilson wrote:
>> What I could collect so far:
>
>Thanks, I broke the handling of cropped XvImages along the fast paths.
>It should be fixed by:
>
>commit fd007d9d465b9b3ddbbaf769931ec921a6f5ecb8
>Author: Chris Wilson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: Thu Nov 28 21:13:33 2013 +0000
>
> sna/video: Correct handling of cropped images along packed fast path

I didn't manage to crash X within an hour, so that's commit is looking
good.

The kernel error message for i915 pipe state however still appears -
namely, whenever the X server is terminating, including "reasonably
proper" terminations induced with sending SIGTERM to the X process.
Could it be that the i915 module does not handle sudden shutdowns
(which however can occur at any time) of the /dev/dri/cardN file
descriptor well enough?