Re: Staging: tidspbridge: disable driver

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sat Nov 30 2013 - 14:19:45 EST

Hi!

> However, could you elaborate on the "security bug" so I can try to
> fix it and send the patch?
> Also, what needs to be done for the tidspdriver to get out of
> staging as it seems that what I
> though initially is incorrect.

Commit

commit 930ba4a374b96560ef9fde2145cdc454a164ddcc
Author: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed Nov 27 09:32:49 2013 -0800

Staging: tidspbridge: disable driver

There seems to be no active maintainer for the driver, and there
is an
unfixed security bug, so disable the driver for now.

Hopefully someone steps up to be the maintainer, and works to get
this
out of staging, otherwise it will be deleted soon.

Reported-by: Nico Golde <nico@xxxxxxxxx>
Reported-by: Dan Carpenter <dan.carpenter@xxxxxxxxxx>

so perhaps Nico Golde or Dan Carpenter can elaborate? I Cc-ed them
now.

Or is it some kind of super-secret issue and still under embargo for
10 days?
Pavel