Re: 3.12.x looses serial mouse over hibernate + resume

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Mon Dec 02 2013 - 14:31:11 EST

On 12/02/2013 12:08 PM, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 11:44:56AM -0700, Shuah Khan wrote:

I am glad the problem is fixed. But I am puzzled. pnp_bus_resume()
didn't handle restore prior to this change. state doesn't get passed
in to legacy resume routines. I had to add freeze to handle
PMSG_FREEZE case, sounds like restore is needed as well, however I
don't see where how restore is handled prior to this change.

Take a look at drivers/base/platform.c::platform_pm_restore()

Thanks.

Yes I see it now. Before the conversion, platform_legacy_resume() path is taken since pnp didn't have pm.

if (drv->pm) {
if (drv->pm->restore)
ret = drv->pm->restore(dev);
} else {
ret = platform_legacy_resume(dev);
}

Thanks for fixing the problem.

-- Shuah

--
Shuah Khan
Senior Linux Kernel Developer - Open Source Group