Re: Using perf to locate source of context switches

From: David Ahern
Date: Wed Dec 04 2013 - 13:48:22 EST

On 12/4/13, 10:42 AM, Pavey, Nicholas wrote:
NB: I have also used 'perf record -e cs -g -a -- sleep 2', while the

Add -c 1 to capture *all* context switch events.

perf script will show each event. perf report provides a histogram summary.

I have a time-history command for analyzing scheduling events. It is not yet in upstream code. You can try the code in this branch:

https://github.com/dsahern/linux/tree/perf-sched-timehist-3.11

Or download this version (requires Arnaldo's tree):
https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/11/18/555

David