Re: [GIT PULL] clocksource/clockevents fixes for 3.13

From: Daniel Lezcano
Date: Tue Dec 10 2013 - 09:31:07 EST

On 12/10/2013 02:36 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:

* Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12/10/2013 01:20 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:

* Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

here are the fixes for 3.13 based on timers/urgent

Please generally also post the patches to make it easier to review
them.

Hi Ingo,

what do you mean by "also post the patches" ? The patches were
posted in the mailing lists and I picked them up after people
reviewed them.

For example I found none of Dinh Nguyen's two patches on lkml.

Even if they were on lkml it's generally good practice to post patches
for pull requests even if they are mostly resends of existing patches,
especially for an urgent tree. That makes it easier for people to
chime in on patches.

Or shall I give a combined diff when sending the PR ?

Individual patches posted as a threaded reply to the pull request mail
would be nice - those are easy for other people to ignore, yet they
are informative to people who are interested in the series.

Ah, ok I see. Will do next time.

Thanks !

-- Daniel

--