Re: oops in pgtable_trans_huge_withdraw

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Wed Dec 11 2013 - 10:55:21 EST

On 12/11/2013 10:40 AM, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
On 12/06/2013 10:02 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
I've spent a few days enhancing trinity's use of mmap's, trying to make it
reproduce https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/12/4/499

FYI, I managed to reproduce that using trinity today,
trinity was from git at commit e8912cc which is from Dec 09 so I guess your enhancements were
already there?
kernel was linux-next-20131209
I was running trinity -c mmap -c munmap -c mremap -c remap_file_pages -c mlock -c munlock

Now I'm running with Kirill's patch, will post results later.

My goal was to reproduce Sasha Levin's BUG in munlock_vma_pages_range
https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/12/7/130

Perhaps it could be related as well.
Sasha, do you know at which commit your trinity clone was at?

Didn't think those two were related. I've hit this one when I've started fuzzing too, but
Kirill's patch solved it - so I've mostly ignored it.

Trinity is usually pulled and updated before testing, so it's at whatever the latest Dave
has pushed.

Thanks,
Sasha