Re: How to reserve pci bus numbers for hotplug?

From: Andreas Noever
Date: Thu Dec 12 2013 - 14:57:25 EST

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Yinghai Lu <yinghai@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Andreas Noever
> <andreas.noever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> If I could get Linux to assign enough resources (bus numbers for now)
>> then I could drop the acpi_osi parameter and make thunderbolt work
>> after suspend... So, is there an easy way to fix this? (Quirks,
>> reconfiguring bus number assignments from a platform driver, ...?)
>
> please check if busn_alloc at
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/yinghai/linux-yinghai.git
> for-pci-busn-alloc-3.14
>
> could help.

It seems to help. The initial assignment looks good:
+-01.1-[05-9b]----00.0-[06-27]--+-00.0-[07]----00.0 Intel
Corporation DSL3510 Thunderbolt Port [Cactus Ridge]
| +-03.0-[08-0f]--
| +-04.0-[10-17]--
| +-05.0-[18-1f]--
| \-06.0-[20-27]--
After hotplug it looks like this:
+-01.1-[05-9b]----00.0-[06-29]--+-00.0-[07]----00.0 Intel
Corporation DSL3510 Thunderbolt Port [Cactus Ridge]

+-03.0-[08-11]----00.0-[09-11]----00.0-[0a-11]----00.0 Broadcom
Corporation NetXtreme BCM57762 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
| +-04.0-[10-17]--
| +-05.0-[18-1f]--
| \-06.0-[20-27]--
(Note that the bridge numbers are not disjoint)

dmesg is attached.

What is the status of the patch? Will it be merged for 3.14?

Cheers,
Andreas