Re: Lindent formatting issues

From: Joe Perches
Date: Tue Dec 17 2013 - 16:36:29 EST

On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 15:06 +0000, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> ./scripts/Lindent seems to be working OK, but there are a few minor
> issues like this:
>
> static struct i2c_driver max6651_driver = {
> .driver = {
> - .name = "gpio-max6651",
> - .owner = THIS_MODULE,
> - },
> + .name = "gpio-max6651",
> + .owner = THIS_MODULE,
> + },
>
> Is there an option or something to mkae it work automatically? I am
> referring to the "}," line which should not have changed.

Assuming that was a copy/paste translation of
tabs to spaces, the first form is more common
in kernel sources and Lindent isn't doing the
right thing here.

You could also use scripts/checkpatch.pl with
the --fix option.

./scripts/checkpatch.pl -f --fix <file>

with various --types=<TYPE,...> options.

Maybe use: https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/9/23/504