VT Improvements

From: Alexey Gladkov
Date: Mon Dec 23 2013 - 08:10:34 EST

Greetings!

I would like to know about the VT plans. Historically, keymap
implementations are similar in the kernel and kbd project. I rewrote
it in kbd. So, it can handle keycodes bigger than 255. In a kernel
everything remained as before. I want to fix this part in a kernel. As
pluses will be:

* opportunity to define keycode > 255.
* opportunity to reduce this table a kernel in most cases.

I would like to ask your opinion about my plans because I heard about
the thought of moving this functionality to user space.

Whether it is worth starting so large-scale changes?

--
Rgrds, legion