Re: intel_pstate divide error with v3.13-rc4-256-gb7000ad

From: Kashyap Chamarthy
Date: Fri Dec 27 2013 - 12:21:10 EST

Here's host dmesg: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=119751

>> Can you ftrace the failure?

Can try, need some time (rest of the day I'll be away travelling,
will try to do it over the weekend, and update the Kernel
bugzilla with observations).

> Ugh, it looks like guest dmesg but there are KVM messages there too ("[
> 281.443662] kvm [2452]: vcpu0 unhandled rdmsr: 0xe8" is unhandled access
> to MSR_IA32_APERF I was talking about above), so I guess this is nested
> guest invocation?

Yeah -- sorry, I forgot to note it's in a nested environment :(

> Does it happen in non nested guest?

I need to that.

Note to self: Also try with a newer Kernel on the host.

--
/kashyap