Re: man-pages-3.55 is released

From: Dongsheng Song
Date: Mon Dec 30 2013 - 07:42:08 EST

Hi,

Excerpt from http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/socket.2.html :

Some socket types may not be implemented by all protocol families;
for example, SOCK_SEQPACKET is not implemented for AF_INET.

This is not correct now, as Linux already had SCTP support.

Excerpt from http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6458#section-3.1.1 :

and one uses PF_INET or PF_INET6 as the domain, SOCK_SEQPACKET as the
type, and IPPROTO_SCTP as the protocol.

Here, SOCK_SEQPACKET indicates the creation of a one-to-many style
socket.

Regards,
Dongsheng