Re: status of block-integrity

From: Hannes Reinecke
Date: Fri Jan 03 2014 - 07:59:21 EST

On 12/22/2013 08:21 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
We have the block integrity code to support DIF/DIX in the the tree for
about 5 and a half years, and we still don't have a single consumer of
it. By normal kernel rules it should never have been merged, or at
least the bitrot long removed.

Given that we'll have a lot of work to do in this area with block
multiqueue I think it's time to either kill it off for good or make sure
we can actually use and test it.

Which would make an ideal topic for LSF, wouldn't it?

Personally, I doubt it's a good idea to kill it off, but
a proper (userland) API for it has been a long time missing.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke zSeries & Storage