Re: Propose for LINUX kernel and PERL

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Sun Jan 05 2014 - 17:32:19 EST

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 12:46:00AM -0500, Antti Heikkinen wrote:

> LINUX kernel can perform more good if written in not C and C++ but
> Perl? Just certain portion of LINUX kernel to rewrite? For instant,
> schedule or support of multithread? If so, should use Perl5 or Perl6,
> focus to x86 or x86-64? Can you want to join me this my project? But
> to hear your expertise.

OMFG! You are my idol!

I've been trying hard for years to just get a Perl interpreter into the kernel,
but here you are requesting to REWRITE LINUX IN PERL! That's so F$@King awesome!

Please do so! And if you succeed, I will personally claim that you have a bigger
set of oysters than I do! ;-)

But be warned, there's a conspiracy out there to rewrite Linux in Python.. **shudder**

-- Steve