Re: [patch 3/3] HID: multitouch: add support of other generic collectionsin hid-mt

From: Benjamin Tissoires
Date: Mon Jan 06 2014 - 11:47:44 EST

On 03/01/14 04:56, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Dec 2013, Henrik Rydberg wrote:
>
>>> The ANTEC Touch Pad is a device which can switch from a multitouch
>>> touchpad to a mouse. It thus presents several generic collections which
>>> are currently ignored by hid-multitouch. Enable them by using the generic
>>> protocol. Adding also a suffix for them depending on their application.
>>
>> In what way does this and the preceeding patches differ from "else if (is_pen ||
>> export_all_inputs)"? Adding a functional pattern which then is converted to a
>> generic case, such that the usual branching is bound to occur anyways, seems
>> unnecessary.
>
> Benjamin,
>
> did you have chance to do any followup work on this?
>
> If this is to go into 3.14, it's the time to have the thing finalized.

Hi Jiri,

well, I'm still not sure what to answer to address Henrik's comments. I
will work on that later in the week I think, but currently I am focusing
on hid-logitech-dj and others, which is rather time consuming.

I think Maks is fine with the current status (he still have to use a
backport due to an arm platform), so let's skip this for 3.15.

Cheers,
Benjamin