Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the tiptree

From: Tang Chen
Date: Tue Jan 07 2014 - 01:32:35 EST

On 01/07/2014 02:00 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree got a conflict in
arch/x86/mm/numa.c between commit f3d815cb854b ("x86/mm/numa: Fix 32-bit
kernel NUMA boot") from the tip tree and commit 1459be89954e ("x86: get
pg_data_t's memory from other node") from the akpm-current tree.

These appear to be two very similar solutions, I fixed it up (see below -
I (arbitrarily) chose to keep the actual allocation from the tip tree, but
the messages from the akpm-current tree) and can carry the fix as
necessary (no action is required).

memblock_alloc_nid() and __memblock_alloc_base() will call
memblock_alloc_base_nid() in the end. So I think it is OK to me.

I will do some tests when they are merged.

Thanks.