Re: [BUG] [ tip/sched/core ] System unresponsive after booting

From: Daniel Lezcano
Date: Wed Jan 15 2014 - 08:45:26 EST

On 01/15/2014 01:24 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:

* Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 09:27:34AM +0100, Daniel Lezcano wrote:

Hi all,

I use the tip/sched/core branch.

After git pulling yesterday, my host is unresponsive after booting the OS.

* It boots normally
* It sends info to the console
* The graphics does not work
* The terminals show the prompt, I can enter the username but after
pressing enter, it does not give the password prompt
* sysrq works more or less, I can't get the process stack but it receives
the command

It is like no new process can be created.

I have a dual Xeon processor E5325 (2 x 4 cores).

After git bisecting, the following patch seems to introduce the bug.

commit d50dde5a10f305253cbc3855307f608f8a3c5f73

OK, so my headless WSM-EP boots just fine. Obviously it cannot confirm
if graphics works, but I can ssh in and work on it without bother.

I can even log in on the serial console without problems.

I tried both tip/master and tip/sched/core.

I too booted various sytems and have yet to notice similar oddity.

Ok, I was able to boot and use the system with init=/bin/bash and a busybox but the ubuntu distro ends up to block after booting. So I guess there a service triggering something in the kernel leading to this issue.

--
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org â Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro: <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |