Re: math_state_restore and kernel_fpu_end disable interrupts?

From: George Spelvin
Date: Sun Jan 19 2014 - 16:02:43 EST

> It's credited to Suresh Siddha, whom I've cc'ed (along with others who
> signed off). Suresh, if you're still around, could you comment on why
> math_state_restore always leaves interrupts disabled, regardless of their
> state on entry? Is there a deep reason or is it a bug?

What the comments seemed to be implying was that it was a bug to enter
this code with interrupts enabled. So the problem may be a little bit
more systemic; expert counsel is required.

> George, does it help your problem?

I'm trying it now. But it takes a while for me to reproduce, and even
longer to be sure the problem has gone away. So anything you hear from
me within a week will be bad news.