Re: [patch for-3.14] mm, mempolicy: fix mempolicy printing innuma_maps

From: David Rientjes
Date: Mon Jan 27 2014 - 19:13:22 EST

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014, Mel Gorman wrote:

> > Should we also consider printing the MOF and MORON states so we get a
> > better view of what the actual policy is?
> >

> MOF and MORON are separate issues because MOF is exposed to the userspace
> API but not the policies that make up MORON. For MORON, I concluded that
> we should not expose that via numa_maps unless it can be controlled from
> userspace.

We print the possible flags for set_mempolicy() which is pretty simple
since there's only one possible flag at any given time, but we don't print
any possible flags for mbind(). If we are to start printing lazy
migrate-on-fault then we should probably print the other flags as well, I
just don't know how long we want lines in numa_maps to be.