Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.12.9-rt13

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Date: Fri Feb 07 2014 - 05:41:20 EST

* Nicholas Mc Guire | 2014-02-05 10:26:57 [+0100]:

>Sorry - this one causes a build failure with PREEMPT_RT_BASE=y and
>PREEMPT_RT_FULL not set.

At some point we are going to drop PREEMPT_RT_BASE because it was only
meant for debugging in the beginning. However I don't know when this
will be.

>The patch below fixes this build failure for 3.12.9-rt13.
>
>Not sure what the clean way of resolving this is - this patch proposes to
>move the spin_*_local into linux/locallock.h and map to spin_*lock for
>the "CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT_FULL not set" case.
>
>This was build tested with Preempt none,voluntary,low-lat,base,full and
>otherweise got only limited testing.
>
>I'm also not sure if putting the rt specific locks into locallock.h in
>this way is the proper way to deal with this #include dependency.

I think I keep it that way. However I split into two patches and add the
spin_lock_local => rt_spin_lock mapping in the rt-add-rt-locks.patch
where the locks are introduced.

Sebastian