Re: nouveau graphical corruption in 3.13.2

From: Ilia Mirkin
Date: Sat Feb 08 2014 - 13:58:05 EST

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Daniel J Blueman <daniel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Interestingly, there was graphical failure booting 3.6.11, even
> nvidia-current fails to initialise, but these two issues could be due
> to running the Xorg stack in Ubuntu 14.04 pre-release. Using
> nouveau.noaccel=1 works great for the first X session, but after
> logging out, lightdm and the next session experiences this consistent
> screen corruption:
>
> http://quora.org/nouveau-corruption.jpg

Does that just happen in 3.6.11 or even in 3.13? If the latter, that
points to some key lack of understanding of... something. With
noaccel, we're not using pgraph or anything fancy -- it's just a
framebuffer, basically. So if we can't even render _that_ right...

Hopefully someone else will pipe up re your other issues -- my
knowledge base on this is exhausted :(

-ilia