WARNING: Unnecessary parentheses - maybe == should be = ?

From: Dan Carpenter
Date: Mon Feb 10 2014 - 04:27:28 EST

These messages are terrifying... We do not want to encourage a million
first patch submitters to start introducing = vs == bugs.

Did you look through the warning messages this generates? Was it ever
appropriate to change the == to =?

Please remove the second part of that message.

Also there needs to be a mailing list for checkpatch.pl. LKML is a
write only archive, but it's not a discussion list.

Also the seq_puts() warning messages should be put under --strict
because we have to fight against people submitting those patches.

regards,
dan carpenter