Re: sched: fair: NULL ptr deref in check_preempt_wakeup

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Mon Feb 17 2014 - 16:08:22 EST

On 02/17/2014 03:11 AM, Michael wang wrote:
Hi, Sasha

On 02/16/2014 07:27 AM, Sasha Levin wrote:
Hi folks,

While fuzzing with trinity inside a KVM tools guest running latest -next
kernel, I've
stumbled on the following:

I've reproduced the same issue with tip/master, and below patch fixed the
problem on my box along with some rcu stall info disappeared, would you
like to have a try?

BTW, I reproduced it by steps:
1. change current to RT
2. move to a different depth cpu-cgroup
3. change it back to FAIR

Seems like it was caused by that RT has no task_move_group() implemented
which could maintain depth, and that lead to a wrong depth after switched
back to FAIR...

I *think* it works. There seems to be another sched issue that causes lockups,
so I can't say for certain that this one doesn't occur anymore.

I'm still working on collecting data for the other issue, I'll mail about it soon.

Thanks,
Sasha