Re: perf_fuzzer compiled for x32 causes reboot

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Wed Feb 26 2014 - 10:04:35 EST

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, Vince Weaver wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, Steven Rostedt wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 06:34:55 -0800
> > "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > #2 is what I really don't understand.
> > >
> > > I worry something else is going on there
> >
> > Yeah, me too.
> >

> OK, well I'll work on isolating that next, I was hoping the segfault issue
> was related. It's a lot harder getting traces out of a machine that
> insta-reboots so fast that it can't even finish printing the oops message.

OK, dug up the random seeds that are causing the system to reboot, and it
turns out that it's hard to reproduce the actual reboot, but in the cases
where it doesn't reboot it segfaults in the same code path that was
causing the other segfaults in this thread. So I think it's all the same
bug, although I can investigate further if needed.

Vince