Re: 3.12-stable kernel tree being taken over by Jiri Slaby

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Fri Feb 28 2014 - 10:59:02 EST

On 02/26/2014 04:19 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
As I hinted at in my kernel summit talk about the stable kernel tree, we
have a sucker^Wvolunteer who has stepped up to take over the longterm
maintenance of the 3.12 stable kernel tree.

Jiri Slaby will be doing this work, for how ever long he wants to do it.
I'll still be doing the final releases to kernel.org, like I do for 3.2,
but Jiri will be doing the collecting of patches and other real work
involved in it, including the announcements for its release.

The kernel.org page has already been updated with this information:
https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html

If anyone has any questions about this, please let me know.

Hi Jiri,

I test all stable release candidates Greg KH maintains including 3.12. Would you like me to continue to do that for your 3.12 releases going forward? If yes, could you please include me on your cc list.

thanks,
-- Shuah

--
Shuah Khan
Senior Linux Kernel Developer - Open Source Group