Re: [patch] x86: Introduce BOOT_EFI and BOOT_CF9 into the reboot sequence loop

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sat Mar 01 2014 - 15:22:02 EST

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 12:06:39PM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Be careful. This is *exactly* what I tried back in checkin
> 14d7ca5c575853664d8fe4f225a77b8df1b7de7d. We had to back that out quite
> quickly.

It's the difference between trying it before the keyboard controller and
trying it after the keyboard controller and ACPI. It seems that it broke
some systems where the keyboard controller worked - if we've hit the
keyboard controller and ACPI twice, and the system is still alive, and
if we have standard PCI ports, it doesn't seem like poking them is
likely to make anything actively worse.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx