Re: perf_fuzzer compiled for x32 causes reboot

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Mar 04 2014 - 18:05:19 EST

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 08:50:17AM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> The bottom line is that if we want hard numbers we probably have to
> measure.
>
> Hoisting the cr2 read is a no-brainer, might even help performance...

Btw, I just got word that on AMD, a read from CR2 is 4 cycles on family
0x15 and 3 cycles on family 0x10. If we're in the same ballpark on
Intel, I'd say we're fine with those numbers even in hot paths. The OoO
is an additional bonus which should hide latency even more.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.