Re: linux rdma 3.14 merge plans

From: Nicholas A. Bellinger
Date: Wed Mar 05 2014 - 04:50:49 EST

On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 16:04 -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
> <nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Can you give us an estimate of when you'll have some time to give
> > feedback on the outstanding patches..?
>
> I hope to get to it in the next few weeks.
>
> - R.

Hi Roland,

We'd very much like to move forward with the verbs + mlx5 + LIO target
PI related patches for v3.15 code.

Given the verbs + mlx5 changes have undergone ~5 months of review at
this point, I'd like to go ahead and get them in target-pending/for-next
ASAP to continue making forward progress towards a mainline merge.

I'm happy with the state of the iser-target related changes, and Sagi &
Co are making good progress on the iser-initiator related patches with
Mike.

That all said, do you have an objection wrt taking this bits through
target-pending..? Given the dependencies involved, that would seem the
most logical path to take.

--nab