[Suggestion] Makefile: about allmodconfig issue.

From: Chen Gang
Date: Sat Mar 08 2014 - 08:07:48 EST

Hello All:

"A module selects GENERIC_IRQ_CHIP and depend on IRQ_DOMAIN". For me,
it is a reasonable selection and dependency, but "make allmodconfig"
will report error. I guess it is the "Makefile allmodconfig" issue.

The related error report:

[root@gchen linux-next]# make ARCH=avr32 CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/bin/avr32-linux- allmodconfig
HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/conf.o
SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c
SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/conf
scripts/kconfig/conf --allmodconfig Kconfig
kernel/time/Kconfig:162:warning: range is invalid
kernel/irq/Kconfig:41:error: recursive dependency detected!
kernel/irq/Kconfig:41: symbol GENERIC_IRQ_CHIP is selected by GPIO_DWAPB
drivers/gpio/Kconfig:131: symbol GPIO_DWAPB depends on IRQ_DOMAIN
kernel/irq/Kconfig:46: symbol IRQ_DOMAIN is selected by GENERIC_IRQ_CHIP

The related commit (7779b34 gpio: add a driver for the Synopsys DesignWare APB GPIO block):

+config GPIO_DWAPB
+ tristate "Synopsys DesignWare APB GPIO driver"
+ select GPIO_GENERIC
+ select GENERIC_IRQ_CHIP
+ depends on OF_GPIO && IRQ_DOMAIN

Welcome any suggestions, discussions and completions.

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang

Open, share and attitude like air, water and life which God blessed