Re: [x86, vdso] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at d34bd000

From: stefani
Date: Mon Mar 10 2014 - 17:29:18 EST

Zitat von "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On 03/10/2014 01:03 PM, Stefani Seibold wrote:

What is now the next step? Kick out the compat VDSO? Or should i
implement the dual VDSO. And what is now the preferred way to map the
VDSO into the user space? Using install_special_mapping() or map it
beyond the user stack?

The is easiest and fastest way to get a working result is to do the non
compat VDSO only mapping using install_special_mapping(). The dual VDSO
would take a little bit more time.

It would be great to have first a consensus about the design before i
start to implement ;-)

The quick way to get something working is simply to reserve more than
one page (two should presumably be enough) in the fixmap and adjust the
link address of the VDSO accordingly. This is not where we want to go
in the long term, but it doesn't seem to make sense to try to do
everything all at once -- we are already starting to push way too close
to the 3.15 merge window.

Do you except a complete new patch set or an incremental patch based on the
current patch set?