please fix FUSION (Was: [v3.13][v3.14][Regression] kthread:makekthread_create()killable)

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Wed Mar 19 2014 - 15:08:52 EST

On 03/19, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> But please do not forget that the kernel crashes. Whatever else we do, this
> should be fixed anyway. And this should be fixed in driver.

drivers/message/fusion/ is obviously buggy.

mptsas_probe() does

sh = scsi_host_alloc(...);
if (!sh) {
goto out_mptsas_probe;
}
out_mptsas_probe:
mptscsih_remove(pdev);

and mptscsih_remove() blindly calls scsi_remove_host(ioc->sh) but ->sh
was not initialized, probably it is NULL.

and scsi_remove_host(host) obviously assumes that this pointer is valid.

I think we should wait for maintainers.

Oleg.