Re: please fix FUSION (Was: [v3.13][v3.14][Regression] kthread:makekthread_create()killable)

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Thu Mar 20 2014 - 15:24:09 EST

On 03/20, Joseph Salisbury wrote:

> On 03/19/2014 03:42 PM, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> >> drivers/message/fusion/ is obviously buggy.
> > Perhaps this is the only problem and Tetsuo is right, this driver
> > really needs more than 30 secs to probe...
> >
> > But if you have a bit of free time, perhaps you can try the stupid
> > debugging patch below ;) Not sure it will help, but who knows.
> >
> > Oleg.
>
> There was some testing done with your test kernel. The data collected
> while running your kernel is available in the bug report:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1276705/comments/58

Joseph, thanks a lot.

I'll try to read the logs tomorrow, but at first glance Tetsuo was right,
I do not see a "long" sleep in that log. And it shows that the hack around
kthread_run() in scsi_host_alloc() won't help. I am wondering why I didn't
realize this before ;)

Hmm. Perhaps we should simply change mptsas_init() to block all signals
until we have the right fix.

Oleg.