Re: i915 resume-from-hibernation problems on resume with current Linus' tree

From: Daniel Vetter
Date: Fri Mar 21 2014 - 11:56:09 EST

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Jiri Kosina <jkosina@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I am still seeing this with current Linus' tree rather regularly (but
> it's not deterministic enough for a reliable bisect).
>
> Unfortunately I haven't received any patches to test; what do you propose?
> Would reporting this on bugs.freedesktop.org instead of ranting here
> change anything?

Yeah, filing a bug on fdo to keep track of this should help. Please
add a [gm45 regression] tag to the summary so that it shows up in our
queries at the right spot ;-)

One thing to test would be to give -nightly (or drm-intel-testing as
of today) a shot. We've merged a few patches recently to slightly
improve the ring init sequence in the generic code, they might
actually help here. Sorry for not correlating them with your patch
when I've merged them, only just realized this now.

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation