Re: RFC: APEI hardware reduced profile

From: Tomasz Nowicki
Date: Thu Mar 27 2014 - 05:18:54 EST

On 03/26/14 21:36, Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:10:47PM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Yet, it would be better if you could be a little more specific about
what are your plans and what are the common/not-common features that
you're mapping.

Well, I don't see anything x86-specific in ghes.c on a quick scan - just
the GHES gunk itself, which is the spec. Which begs the question, how
much of the APEI spec is ARM going to implement and if it is a subset,
this definitely needs to be handled cleanly. Judging by your text, it
seems like you want to ignore the correctable errors part...?

So yes, Tomasz, you want to be much more specific here :-)

Thanks for your comment. Please refer to my email to Mauro. I have put more explanation there.

Correctable errors are fine for ARM. But ARM is not going to have NMI ever. So as responded to Mauro, I am focusing on making NMI as the feature for ghes.c.

Thanks,
Tomasz