Re: ktap and ebpf integration

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Sat Apr 05 2014 - 13:51:58 EST

> 4) var i = 0; trace *:* { i += 1}
> Assign global variable in here, there also can assign other
> value not 0, please show me how BPF do this.
> (See complex global usage example in samples/schedule/schedtimes.kp)

That's what I meant. BPF is essentially a statically typed
language. KTAP is dynamically typed. It's a very different
model.

Yes they are both Turing complete and likely could
be somehow translated into each other, but would
it be efficient and simple? No.

[essentially it's the "UNCOL problem" -- see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNCOL
One size doesn't fit all in immediate languages]

-Andi