Re: [GIT PULL] regulator fixes for v3.15

From: Mark Brown
Date: Fri Apr 11 2014 - 17:53:26 EST

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 01:32:59PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Not an immediate problem, but have you tested just adding a simple
> > "git fetch" from my repo to your scripts?

> Oh, actually, the problem may just be that back-merge you have. When
> those cause multiple merge bases, "git diff" can no longer reliably
> generate a diff, since there is no clear base for it. And then "git
> fetch" to update my current state won't likely help, since the problem
> isn't that you don't see my previous pull, the problem is that the
> base isn't unique any more.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the problem is the actual back merge - the
shortlog is doing the right thing for example. I did in fact have a
copy of your merge in my tree, that's how the shortlog turned out right
in this round of pull requests. I just need to arrange not to have the
back merge either through being more sensible about what I ask you to
pull or by improving the scripts.