Re: [GIT PULL] Audit subsystem for v3.15

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Apr 12 2014 - 15:38:41 EST

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Eric Paris <eparis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please pull the audit tree for v3.15. You will have merge conflicts.

The merge conflicts were easy to resolve. I appreciate you spending
the time to explain them, but quite frankly, I can figure out trivial
ones on my own. What I really really need is to know what the hell the
pull request *does*, and why I should pull this.

So now I've done the merge, and find myself considering just undoing
it again, because there is no explanation for what the hell I pulled
in.

I ended up looking at all the commits and being mightily annoyed by
this all. I guess I'll let it go now, but in general, if I get pull
requests that don't even bother to explain why I should pull and what
the point of it all is, I'm going to start ignoring them.

Linus