Re: hpsa driver bug crack kernel down!

From: Woodhouse, David
Date: Mon Apr 14 2014 - 13:05:24 EST

On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 09:47 -0700, Davidlohr Bueso wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 09:44 -0700, Davidlohr Bueso wrote:
> > On Tue, 2014-04-15 at 00:19 +0800, Jiang Liu wrote:
> > > Hi Davidlohr,
> > > Thanks for providing the DMAR table. According to the DMAR
> > > table, one bug in the iommu driver fails to handle this entry:
> > > [1D2h 0466 1] Device Scope Entry Type : 01
> > > [1D3h 0467 1] Entry Length : 0A
> > > [1D4h 0468 2] Reserved : 0000
> > > [1D6h 0470 1] Enumeration ID : 00
> > > [1D7h 0471 1] PCI Bus Number : 00
> > > [1D8h 0472 2] PCI Path : 1C,04
> > > [1DAh 0474 2] PCI Path : 00,02
> > >
> > > And the patch sent out by me should fix this bug. Could you please help
> > > to have a try?
> >
> > Sorry, I am unable to find any patches from you regarding this issue...
> > I must be missing something. Could you please point me to the lkml link?
>
> Never mind, I got it internally. I'll let you know as soon as I can
> test it later today.

Thanks.

Jiang, if you can then let me have a copy with a signed-off-by I'll
shepherd it upstream along with your other patch which is already in my
iommu-2.6.git tree.

--
Sent with Evolution's ActiveSync support.

David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
David.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx Intel Corporation