[RFC][4/11][MANUX] Kernel compatibility : ioctl(2)

From: Emmanuel Colbus
Date: Tue Apr 15 2014 - 09:51:22 EST

Continuing with syscalls, I would like to indicate you a modification
I've done with regards to ioctl's. The thing is, I have had the need for
ioctl's that return *file descriptors*, instead of standard return codes.

To distinguish them from the others, I have given them identifiers that
are superior or equal to 0x80000000 (when unsigned, negative when
signed). Of course, Linux will reject them, but that's fine, these are
low-level OS-dependant ioctl's that aren't supposed to be compatible.

Do you have any objection or remark regarding this?

Thanks!

Emmanuel