[RFC][7/11][MANUX] Kernel compatibility : capset(2)

From: Emmanuel Colbus
Date: Tue Apr 15 2014 - 10:01:21 EST

Now another syscall. I recently implemented capabilities, and decided to
use a version number that's different from the one Linux uses. I guess
that's exactly how I should have done it, but can you confirm me that
this is acceptable?

Also, for your information, I decided to use 64-bit capabilities, in
order to give a possibility to reduce the rights of an unprivileged
software (for example, if a process lacks CAP_USR_CHMOD, it won't be
able to perform a chmod on an existing file). This means I'm not using
the same data structure as you; do you have any objection to it?

Thank you,

Emmanuel