Re: 3.14 Regression, kernel panic when suspend, looks ath9k / wireless related

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Mon Apr 21 2014 - 23:39:15 EST

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Michael Leun
<lkml20140418@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2a901468c221e778af52603e006a53

Odd -- its unclear how you ended up with this bisect given that
REGULATORY_COUNTRY_IE_IGNORE is not set for any driver currently. To
see this you can try:

mcgrof@ergon ~/linux-stable (git::linux-3.14.y)$ git grep
REGULATORY_COUNTRY_IE_IGNORE drivers/net/wireless/

That said, I'm happy to revert this as no driver is using it anyway.
Folks who care for it can help fix this when they get the Fisher Price
(TM) driver upstream. I however don't think however this is the issue
though, this may be a timing issue and by reverting this commit you
just so happen to not get it triggered. I'll Cc you on some series of
fixes and if you can test one of those patches on top of v3.14.1
that'd be appreciated as an alternative. I'm also very curious to hear
no one else would have run into the same regression as you have.

Luis