Re: [Patch v2] lapic need be checked if available when initialize acpi processor id

From: Baoquan He
Date: Fri May 02 2014 - 04:52:00 EST

On 04/30/14 at 10:13pm, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 02:03:03 PM Baoquan He wrote:
> > Hi Rafael,
>
> Hi,
>
> > Thanks for previous review for v1. Later on I thought acpi_lapic is
> > more suitable for checking whether LAPIC in MADT is available, and it can
> > hanlde both the UP system running SMP kernel with no LAPIC in MADT and kdump
> > kernel after multiple CPUs system crashed on non-1st CPU.
> >
> > I tested the 1st case by addding "disableapic nr_cpus=1" into cmdline
> > of SMP kenrel, and it works. For 2nd case, it works too, below warning
> > message is not printed any more.
> >
> > acpi LNXCPU:0a: BIOS reported wrong ACPI id 0 for the processor
> >
> > Do you like this idea?
>
> Well, I don't hate it, but you need to make the code build in all
> configurations (including ia64).

Hi Rafael,

Sorry about this, I didn't realize acpi_lapic is for x86 only. And ia64
uses it too. About this bug, it should exist in ia64 too. After checking
code, introducing acpi_lapic into ia64 is a solution, I will try to find
a ia64 machine to test this though it's a little difficult, since people
around didn't test ia64 recently.

Any suggestion or comment?

Thanks
Baoquan