Re: [perf] more perf_fuzzer memory corruption

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Mon May 05 2014 - 11:57:17 EST

On Mon, 5 May 2014, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> Does this one work better? Making sure all __perf_remove_from_context()
> callers pass the right structure seems to improve things no end. My
> machine is now happy to reboot again.

Yes, I've been fuzzing this for a few hours on both my haswell and core2
test systems and it's doing great, also survived a reboot cycle.

Tested-by: Vince Weaver <vincent.weaver@xxxxxxxxx>

(Although often things like to crash the instant my tested-by e-mails
clear the lkml list.)

I also want to say thanks for all the work everyone has done in getting
this analyzed and fixed.

Vince