Re: KVM Nested L2 guest startup problems

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Wed May 07 2014 - 07:40:14 EST

Il 07/05/2014 13:37, Paolo Bonzini ha scritto:
Il 07/05/2014 13:16, Abel Gordon ha scritto:
> PLE should be left enabled, I think.
Well... the PLE settings L0 uses to run L1 (vmcs01) may be different
than the PLE settings L1 configured to run L2 (vmcs12).
For example, L0 can use a ple_gap to run L1 that is bigger than the
ple_gap L1 configured to run L2. Or L0 can use a ple_window to run L1
that is smaller than the ple_window L1 configured to run L2.

That's correct. We should leave PLE enabled while running L2, but hide
the feature altogether from L1.

... which we already do. The only secondary execution controls we allow are APIC page, unrestricted guest, WBINVD exits, and of course EPT.

Paolo